This week marks the National Fire Protection Association’s (NFPA) annual Fire Prevention Week.
Although we like to do our part by providing effective, accurate fire extinguisher gauges, we’d also like to share with you some helpful tips for families to consider not only this week, but throughout the year:
- Install and maintain a working smoke alarm outside of every bedroom/sleep area
- Remember to change the smoke alarm battery at least once a year and date it with a permanent marker
- Maintain watch of all cooking elements; the leading cause of cooking-related fires is unattended equipment
- Have a “kid-free zone” of at least 3 feet around areas where hot food and beverages are made
- Watch all space heaters or other heating elements and never leave them unattended
We at MIJA hope you stay safe and mindful as we honor Fire Prevention Week. Contact our Sales Team today for more information on how MIJA can help deliver the solution you need.