If you are a working parent, you know that it’s never easy leaving your child home alone. And no matter how responsible your kids are, you are still going to worry about them.For some peace of mind, here are some safety tips to go over with your children to make sure they know what to do in case of an emergency or until you get home from work!
- Make sure all smoke detectors are working and functional.
- Make a list of important people and phone numbers for your children and make sure they are familiar with everyone on that list.
- Make sure they know where to find flashlights and fresh batteries for them.
- Create an emergency plan with your children. They should know what to do in case of a fire, emergency of if one of them get hurt.
- Remind your children to lock the doors at all times. If you have a home security system, make sure they know how to activate it. Also, remind them never to open the door for anyone.
- Keep all dangerous items like guns, knives, power tools, razor blades & scissors locked away safely
- Make sure all dangerous chemicals like detergents, polishers, pesticides, gasoline, bleach, etc. are stored properly and in child proof areas.